Friday 27 July 2012

Why I Love Flight SIms



A Call to Arms Fellow Armchair Pilots

There is nothing that I would have loved more in life than to be sat behind the controls of a jet fighter when I was a kid.

I went to the right school, got the right qualifications and was set for a career in the R.A.F until I met with an unfortunate accident before I could sign up.

My career was over before it started. Surely I thought, there must be another way to satisfy my dream of flying?

There was, and I found it in Flight Simulators.

So, what are Flight Simulators?

Simply put, they are a genre of video game that recreates the sensation of flying, and of recreating the flight model and systems of the plane you wish to fly. Sure, they can be complicated and intimidating to start with, and very few can claim to be "pick up and play" titles, but no arcade style flight game can come close to what these big hitters can do.


You Had Me at Simulator

Flight Simulators can be broadly split into two groups, Combat Flight Simulators and Civil Aviation Flight Simulators.

In these upcoming articles, I aim to provide you, the reader, with a run-down of what I consider to be the best Flight Simulators you can get your hands on right now in both categories. These are personal opinions, and I have bought and currently fly all of the sims I will go into here, I would also like to add that I am in no way affiliated with any of the companies I talk about, other than as a paying customer who enjoys their products!

No comments:

Post a Comment